External Dispute Resolution

Disputes relating exclusively to issues such as salaries, leave, etc. would generally fall under the jurisdiction of the Department of Labour for investigation and enforcement by labour inspectors.

Disputes arising from matters covered in the Labour Relations Act are referred to dispute resolution forums such as the CCMA or similar for conciliation. Depending on the nature of the dispute, a failed conciliation process can be followed by arbitration or by referral to the Labour Court, or possibly lead to industrial action.

The document provides information on various dispute resolution forums:

  • Commission for Conciliation, Mediation and Arbitration (CCMA)
  • Labour Court
  • Labour Appeal Court (appeals from the Labour Court)
  • Supreme Court of Appeals
  • Constitutional Court
External Dispute Resolution
84.26 KB