Study Permits for Foreign Students

The Department of Home Affairs issues permits for foreign nationals to study in South Africa. Study permits are issued for two main types of immigrants:

  • Stand-alone immigrants who wish to continue their studies in South Africa, for example at universities.
  • Students who are accompanying their families during immigration to South Africa.

The attached documents outline the steps involved in applying for a study permit, and what may be required of an independent school as part of the process.

Study Permits Foreign Students
ISASA Policy FAQs Oct 2017

You cannot copy content from this page