Redhill High School is looking to employ a young qualified Visual Arts teacher who will assist in the Visual Arts Departments as a Co-Teacher.
The successful applicant will need to be a strong team player committed to the Redhill ethos of high academic expectations. Furthermore, he/she will also need to embrace the school’s teaching philosophy, which encourages critical thinking and creativity.
The successful candidate will receive a competitive remuneration package,supported by a vibrant teaching and learning environment.
Requirements and Responsibilities:
• A Post Graduate Certificate in Education (or similar) and a Bachelor Degree in Visual Arts/Fine Arts are the minimum qualifications required.
• Prior teaching experience will be an advantage.
• A passion for the subject, knowledge of contemporary art practices and Art History are required.
• Passionate about the Arts and its role in our society.
• Value collaboration and feel comfortable with change.
• Take care of materials and equipment, monitor inventory, source art supplies.
• Help to set up exhibitions.
• Engage with students during critique sessions and guide them with practical suggestions, techniques etc.
• Assist with cleaning and preparation of studio spaces.
• Assist with supervising studio time.
• Share skills related to art making practice.
• Ability to use technology and Adobe applications is an advantage.
• Assist with managing Art Club.
To apply for this position, please forward a Letter of Application and a full Curriculum Vitae, together with proof of SACE registration and the names and telephone numbers of three referees, to the email address below.
An application will not in itself entitle the applicant for an interview or appointment and failure to meet the minimum requirements of the post will result in the applicant automatically disqualifying themselves from consideration. Applicants who do not receive a reply within 2 weeks of submission should deem their application to have been unsuccessful. Redhill reserves the right to appoint someone earlier of a suitable candidate presents him/herself. Redhill reserve the right not to fill the position.
20 Summit Rd, Morningside, Sandton, 2057, South Africa