Applications are invited for
temporary part-time Music Coaches/ Teachers in the Arts Department.
START DATE: 01 January 2024
REPORTS TO: HOD: Humanities
CLOSING DATE: 31 March 2023
The Oprah Winfrey Leadership Academy for Girls (The Academy) is a world-class educational platform for girls which is aimed at nurturing a new generation of dynamic women leaders. This residential boarding school is situated in Meyerton, Gauteng Province, with just over 300 students enrolled in Grades 8 -12. Grade 12. Students write the Independent Examination Board (I.E.B.) NSC Examination
- Drum Kit Coach/Teacher
- Marimba Coach/Teacher
- Woodwind Coach/Teacher
- Violin Coach/Teacher
The above teachers/ coaches are required to:
- Have completed post matric qualifications in the areas of expertise;
- Have related teaching experience at Beginner level;
- Must have experience in writing comprehensive reports;
- Be available to teach on Saturdays.
Position specific experience
● An experienced teacher. Experience in performance will be an added benefit.
- An experienced teacher. Experience in performance will be an added benefit.
- An intern teacher. Performance experience will be an added benefit.
- An experienced teacher. Experience in performance will be an added benefit
Knowledge, Skills and Attitude (Other)
- An understanding of teaching girl students who come from disadvantaged backgrounds.
- Ability and skill to identify students’ deficits, and bridge them.
- Willingness to learn how to use and implement the Neurosequential Model in Education (NME) in your teaching.
- Excellent communication, presentation and interpersonal skills.
- An ability to work effectively as an individual and in teams.
- A commitment to personal growth and the development of others.
- Sound relationship building skills.
- Effective time management.
- Analytical and critical thinking and writing skills.
- Problem-solving skills.
- Excellent planning and organisational skills.
- Ability to handle pressure and meet deadlines.
- Demonstrate high levels of professionalism, competency and initiative.
- Act with the highest integrity and uphold the Academy’s standards and values (Respect, Honour, Compassion, Service, Responsibility and Accountability) at all times
Applications are invited from suitably qualified candidates. Applications must be accompanied by a cover letter, CV with names of three contactable references, a copy of the highest qualification/s and a copy of identity. Interested candidates must register their profile at http://www.pnet.co.za to submit their application. Further information about the Academy can be found on its website (www.owlag.co.za)
Regrettably, emailed, faxed, and hand-delivered applications will not be considered. Only applications submitted through the Pnet portal will be considered. Only suitably qualified applications will be considered. Please consider your application only successful if you have not heard from us by 31 May 2023. The Academy reserves the right not to fill this position
The Academy is an Independent Schools Association of Southern Africa (ISASA) member and is an equal opportunity employer
‘The Academy, in line with the Protection of Personal Information Act (POPIA), will attempt to ensure that the confidentiality of all applicants for this role is protected. All reasonable measures will be in place to protect personal information but will be used in the recruitment, selection and reporting process. By submitting your application, you are recognising and accepting this disclaimer.