South Africa Tech Manager
Nova Pioneer is looking for an experienced savvy Tech Manager in South Africa! We are seeking a dynamic individual who is great at organizing in-house IT processes, receiving and scheduling IT support requests, maintaining the technology equipment, project and vendor management, testing and reconditioning equipment for redeployment, tracking tech supplies and services, and all things tech related.
Your Responsibilities Include:
- Collaborate with the Global Director of Operations & Technology to manage the design, roll-out, and ongoing maintenance of technology systems and procedures for Nova Pioneer South Africa schools. This includes resolving any technical challenges that may arise.
- Oversee the design, implementation and maintenance of the school’s technology systems and infrastructure, with a focus on our core network systems (internet, printing and firewalls) to ensure that the overall hardware and related equipment in these systems, work efficiently across all schools as intended and designed.
- Manage and oversee the relationship with vendors and contractors providing outsourced IT services, ensuring timely delivery of services, quality standards and compliance with contracts, timely billing and payments, and proactively identifying potential issues or risks.
- Identify needs and opportunities for improvement and development of key systems by working with school leadership teams to develop and execute effective solutions, including training and support for tech associates and coordinators in South Africa.
- Manage and lead the IT helpdesk team to ensure efficient and effective resolution of technical issues and provision of timely support to end-users.
- Ensure that support across all of our core systems is dynamic and effective by standardizing processes and ensuring timely delivery and resolution of issues.
- Manage and supervise the IT team, including hiring, training, goal setting and evaluating teammates.
- Manage and oversee the Google Workspace administration, including the timely onboarding and offboarding of users, ensuring smooth and efficient access to the platform for all employees while proactively investigating and resolving any security threats.
- Develop and implement IT policies and procedures to ensure compliance with legal and regulatory requirements.
- Manage and oversee the tech assets management system, including maintaining accurate records of all hardware and software assets, ensuring efficient inventory control and tracking of equipment, and implementing procedures for asset allocation and disposal.
- Manage and monitor the IT budget and make recommendations for future investments.
- Stay informed of new technologies and trends in the education sector, assess their potential benefits to the school and collaborate with other departments and stakeholders to integrate technology into the day-to-day school operations.
Skills and Qualifications required:
- A Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, or a related field.
- 5+ years of work experience in fast-paced, growth-oriented organizations with the ability to work in a high-pressure, deadline-driven environment. Experiencing working in a company both globally and cross-functionally is an added advantage. Experience in the education industry is an added advantage)
- Strong leadership skills and experience managing teams, including knowledge of IT systems and technologies, such as hardware, software, and networking.
- Experience with project management and implementing IT solutions, including education-specific technology systems and platforms. Proven ability to work well with stakeholders of different levels and backgrounds.
- Knowledge of IT security and compliance requirements, including those specific to the education industry.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to work with the education community and stakeholders.
- Experience with vendor management, outsourcing, and data management, including data privacy regulations in the education sector.
- Strong problem-solving and analytical skills, with a strong understanding of industry trends and developments in the education sector.
- Familiarity with and ability to support IT infrastructure and remote learning. Including experience in Google Workspace administration, helpdesks administration
- Strong understanding of budgeting and cost management in an education setting, and experience with IT support in a multi-location organization.
- Experience working experience in the functional and technical design of custom technology applications (Java, .NET, C/C++). Knowledge on UML, XML and SQL
- Familiarity and experience with Salesforce and Netsuite (or similar ERP)
Competencies and character:
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Strong project management and implementation skills
- Subject (IT) expertise
- Analytical and problem-solving skills
- You pay attention to detail and work with high accuracy
- Proficient and able to demonstrate competence and comfort with
- Network software configuration
- Print server management and implementation
- Firewall and server security management
- Cabling and physical network maintenance
- Windows Server 2016 and Windows 10 desktop administration
- Onsite and remote helpdesk support
- GSuite Applications use and administration
- You are a thoughtful planner with the ability to multi-task, take the initiative, prioritize effectively, and deliver for multiple stakeholders according to tight deadlines
- You are results-driven, you, move fast and take ownership of your work
- Having a personality that demonstrates interpersonal skills to relate well with students, staff, administration, parents, and the community
- You are a great communicator. You are able to provide clear and effective written communication (email and letters) and verbal communication.
- You enjoy working with and collaborating with others
View the full advertisement and apply online at:
South Africa Tech Manager – Nova Pioneer – Career Page (applytojob.com)
Johannesburg, Gauteng, South Africa