St Charles College, founded in 1875, is an independent Christian Boys’ College situated in Pietermaritzburg, South Africa, catering for day boys from Grade 000 to Matric with boarders from Grade 4 upwards. The College has written the University of Cambridge International IGCSE, AS Level and A Level Examinations since 2002.
Senior School Science Teacher
St Charles College is looking to employ a suitably qualified Senior School Science Teacher to start at a mutually agreed upon time this year. The College pursues its mission based upon core values, and our staff are expected to have integrity and exercise sound judgement in line with the responsibility of educating boys. All of our staff must have an active involvement in the sport and extra-mural programmes of the College.
Key responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Teaching Science to Grade 8 & 9 classes
- Teaching Cambridge IGCSE, AS Level and A level Physics and/or Chemistry
- Active involvement in the development of Physics and Chemistry within the Science Faculty of the College
The ideal candidate will have:
- A minimum of a BSc degree, majoring in Physics or Chemistry
- A professional teaching qualification (PGCE or HDE) or committed to study towards this qualification*
- Appropriate educational experience together with a sound awareness of international trends in education
- Knowledge of the educational needs of boys and their particular requirements for learning
- Excellent interpersonal, written and oral communication skills, and sound administrative ability
- An ability to work within the values, Christian ethos and mission of the College
- Capacity and willingness to accompany boys on extension trips
How do you apply?
Only persons with the appropriate qualifications, experience and Provisional/Full SACE registration* will be considered. If you feel you suit the above position, please complete the application form which can be found by clicking on the link provided below.
To apply, click on the following LINK
Applications close on 31st May 2023
St Charles College is an equal opportunities employer and is committed to employment equity.
In line with POPIA, the College will attempt to ensure the confidentiality of all applicants for this role. All reasonable measures will be in place to protect personal information, but it will be used in the recruitment, selection, and reporting process. By submitting your application for this position, you are recognising and accepting this disclaimer.
The College reserves the right not to fill the post. An application will not entitle the applicant to an interview or appointment, and failure to meet the minimum requirements of the advertised post will result in the applicants automatically disqualifying themselves from consideration. If you have not heard from St Charles College within six weeks of your application, please consider that it has been unsuccessful.