SENIOR SCHOOL CAREER COUNSELLOR
Commencement Date: 2023 (Negotiable).
Are you a highly driven and results-oriented individual who is passionate about making a positive impact on the lives of students? If so, we have an incredibly exciting opportunity for you! We are seeking a School Careers Counsellor to provide guidance and support to Grade 9 – 12 students and their parents in career planning and tertiary education selection.
The successful applicant will hold an Honours or Masters degree, possess expertise in research, writing, and communication, and demonstrate the ability to build connections with key stakeholders in tertiary institutions both nationally and internationally. This is a role for someone who takes initiative, is willing to travel, form relationships, and research every possible opportunity for our students. You do not need to have experience in this field but rather be able to demonstrate a passion for developing yourself into a first-rate Career Counsellor, and have an excellent work ethic.
- Provide individual and group counselling to students and parents in career planning and tertiary education selection.
- Develop and maintain relationships with key stakeholders in tertiary institutions both nationally and internationally.
- Provide students with up-to-date information on tertiary education options, scholarships, and career paths.
- Assist students in the application process for tertiary institutions and scholarships.
- Organize and conduct workshops, seminars, and events related to career planning and tertiary education selection.
- Stay current with industry trends and developments related to tertiary education and careers.
- Collaborate with the school leadership team to develop and implement the school’s careers programme.
- Develop and maintain relationships with local businesses and community organisations to support student work experience and internships.
- Honour or Masters degree in a related field.
- Experience in careers counselling or related field would be an advantage but is not necessary.
- Knowledge of tertiary education options and application processes.
- Excellent research, writing, and communication skills.
- Ability to build relationships with key stakeholders both nationally and internationally.
- Strong organisational skills and attention to detail.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Familiarity with career assessment tools and resources.
- Passion for helping students achieve their career goals.
Don’t miss out on this phenomenal opportunity to be part of an international school in a highly coveted role. Take the first step towards guiding students towards a fulfilling and successful career by submitting your application today!
Please forward a Letter of Application and a full Curriculum Vitae, together with proof of SACE registration, and the names and telephone numbers of three referees, to:
Mr Joseph Gerassi
Applications close at 16h00 on Friday, 9 June 2023.
Redhill School reserves the right not to make an appointment. If you have not heard from the School by 30 June 2023, please assume that your application has been unsuccessful. Redhill reserves to right to appoint someone earlier if a suitable candidate presents him/herself. Redhill reserves the right not to make an appointment.
Redhill School, in line with POPIA (Protection of Personal Information Act) will attempt to ensure the confidentiality of all applicants for this role. All reasonable measures will be in place to protect personal information but will be used in the recruitment, selection, and reporting process. By submitting your application for this position, you are recognising and accepting this disclaimer.