PRIMARY SCHOOL TEACHER – GRADE 2
The Vine School is an independent school based in Lansdowne, Cape Town. The school offers a Christian environment to families who want excellent, inspirational education. A full-time, permanent position as a Grade 2 teacher is available in the foundation phase from April 2023. In the event that the post is not filled by 11 April, when school reopens, the starting date will be as soon as possible thereafter.
Your responsibilities will include:
- teaching according to Charlotte Mason’s philosophy of education using the Ambleside Schools International teaching methodology and curriculum
- maintaining an optimal classroom atmosphere
- proactive character formation
- using a wide range of resources, including Shakespeare, poetry, art, and classical music.
The ideal candidate for this job will have:
- an appropriate teaching qualification and SACE registration
- a love of learning
- a testimony of faith in Jesus Christ as Lord and Saviour
- a high emotional quotient (EQ) and strong relational wisdom
- mature ability to self-manage
- natural attention to detail and ability to empathise
- quiet authority that insists on high standards from every child
In return for your hard work, we’ll offer you:
- a fair salary and benefits package including pension
- discounted application and school fees for your children enrolled at our school
- an extra week’s leave in October
- supportive work colleagues
- a small class (maximum 16) of pupils
- the opportunity to be involved at ground level in a transformational educational movement
To apply please contact the school by email only to request an application form. The form must be returned, together with your CV and supporting documents, by 16:00 on Wednesday 12 April 2023.
The email address is firstname.lastname@example.org Please do not telephone the school.
POPIA Disclaimer: In keeping with POPIA (Protection of Personal Information Act), The Vine School will maintain the confidentiality of all applicants for this role. All reasonable measures will be in place to protect personal information which will be used in the recruitment, selection, and reporting process. By submitting your application, you recognise and accept this disclaimer.