St Benedict’s is an Independent Catholic School, which seeks to provide a holistic education for boys through full participation in spiritual, academic, sporting, creative and cultural activities. The Board of Governors invites applications for the following post in the College.
- Suitably qualified candidates with relevant electrical tertiary qualification
- Electrical Trade Test Certification would be advantageous
- Have at least 3 years’ experience in maintaining and repairing electrical systems and equipment
- Installing and repairing electrical control, wiring and lighting systems working from a technical blueprint
- Reading and interpreting electrical blueprints and technical diagrams
- Inspecting transformers, circuit breakers and other electrical components
- Performing effective troubleshooting to identify hazards, malfunction and repair or substitute damaged units
- Repairing and replacing equipment, electrical wiring and fixtures
- Installing safety and distribution components e.g. switches, resistors, circuit-breaker panels etc.
- Preventing breakdown of systems by routinely inspecting and replacing old wiring and insulated cables
- Maintaining and repairing solar energy systems
- Performing routine maintenance and making respires as needed to ensure the system functions safely and efficiently
- Connecting electrical components such as inverters, batteries and charge controllers to ensure that they operate properly
- Conducting regular safety inspections of solar energy systems to ensure that they comply with all relevant safety regulations and standards
- Maintaining solar power generation equipment, such a photovoltaic panels, solar water heaters etc.
Key Attributes and Competencies:
- Demonstrate ability to use electrical testing equipment and hand tools
- Physically fit – ability to bend, kneel, stoop, lift or move heavy equipment
- Good hand-eye coordination
- Demonstrate an understanding of low, medium and high voltage circuits
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment
- Thorough knowledge of safety procedures, electrical codes and regulations
- Ability to solve practical problems using reasoning skills
- Excellent critical thinking and problem solving ability
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
Suitably qualified and experienced candidates are invited to submit a letter of motivation, with the names of three references and their abridged curriculum vitae to email@example.com by no later than 02 June 2023.
St Benedict’s is an equal opportunity employer that recognizes the value of a diverse workforce. The Board reserves the right not to make an appointment. The submission of a C.V. will in itself not automatically qualify the applicant for an interview. Applicants who have not been contacted within two weeks from the closing date of this advert should assume their application was unsuccessful. Only interviewed candidates will be advised of the outcome of the interview.
Protection of Personal Information (POPI) Act Disclaimer: Your CV and personal information will be used solely for the purposes and processes associated with this application and this data could be used for statutory reporting. The submission of your CV confirms your consent to this. We hereby confirm that we will ensure that your data is protected.