“Today’s thinking child is tomorrow’s achiever
Physical Sciences Teacher (College)
Uplands is an Anglican, co-educational, innovative independent school located on an extensive estate in White River, close to the Kruger National Park. We are committed to providing quality education to day and boarding pupils ranging from Grade 0000 to 12.
Uplands is a member of the Independent Schools Association of Southern Africa (ISASA) and the Anglican Board of Education of South Africa (ABESA) and offers examinations set by the Independent Examination Board (IEB).
Uplands seeks to appoint a passionate Physical Sciences and Natural Sciences Teacher, whose strengths will lie in good verbal and written communication as well as being energetic, analytical and results-driven.
The successful applicant will:
- Possess a suitable professional qualification and be SACE registered.
- Have more than 5 years’ experience in a similar role.
- Ideally have proven IEB experience.
- Have a passion for Physical Sciences.
- Plan and organise hands-on activities which encourage pupils’ participation, involvement and development to create a positive learning environment.
- Keep abreast of developments and research in the field and use this to ensure lessons are relevant.
- Be innovative, embrace technology and display a creative teaching style.
- Have excellent interpersonal and communication skills with colleagues, pupils and parents.
- Be willing to participate in and understand the value of teamwork within the organisation and the extra-curricular program. The ability to contribute to the sports coaching programme would be advantageous.
There is a possibility of housing being available on the Uplands campus to facilitate full involvement in the school programme.
Commencement date: 01 January 2024 (or sooner if possible)
Uplands is an equal opportunities employer. Submission of a CV does not automatically entitle the applicant to an interview. Only short-listed applicants will be contacted and Uplands reserves the right not to make an appointment.
All applications will be handled in the strictest confidence. Qualified candidates are requested to apply by submitting a CV not exceeding three pages and the contact details of two referees to email@example.com
Should you not have received a response from Uplands within two weeks following the closing date,
please consider your application unsuccessful.
Please use the reference: PS2024
Closing date: 01 June 2023
Uplands,in line with POPIA (Protection of Personal Information Act), will attempt to ensure the confidentiality of all applicants for this role. All reasonable measures will be in place to protect personal information but will be used in the recruitment, selection, and reporting process. By submitting your application for this position, you are recognising and accepting this disclaimer.