Dainfern College requires the following High School teacher. Commencement date to be negotiated.
PHYSICAL SCIENCES TEACHER
Dainfern College is an independent English-medium, co-educational school situated on Broadacres Drive, Dainfern, north of Fourways in Johannesburg. The College caters for Grades 0-12 and offers both Cambridge A Levels and IEB Matric as exit exams. Our ethos is Christian and is based on the core concept of respect. We seek to developskills for life required to unlock unique personal potential and to nurture creative thinkers with the confidence to become leaders through the provision of an innovative, relevant, and quality education. We celebrate diversity and are affiliated with the international network of Round Square schools. School details can be found at http://www.dainferncollege.co.za.
The successful candidate will:
- Be an innovative, creative and professional teacher with a comprehensive understanding of the various IEB Physical Sciences SAGs.
- Have a suitable degree, professional teaching qualification and SACE registration.
- Be able to design original assessments at both FET and GET levels.
- Be familiar with CAPS and the IEB curriculum.
- Be willing to contribute to our dynamic and flexible Physical Sciences department.
- Be responsible for all duties as required of an academic educator.
- Show commitment to subject-related activities.
- Lead a classroom first by example of conduct and then by instructing students through teaching excellence.
- Incorporate the school’s values into daily teaching.
- Have experience at IEB marking. • Have excellent interpersonal skills with colleagues, students and parents.
- Be energetic, self-motivated and able to use own initiative.
- Be enthusiastic, assertive and flexible.
- Have strong organisational and administrative skills and be detail oriented.
- Have an open and creative outlook on education.
- Be a good team player. • Have Google Education Suite literacy.
- Show willingness to be involved in the extramural programme of the school.
A competitive remuneration package, superior facilities and a wonderful working environment will be enjoyed by the successful candidate.
Interested candidates are invited to submit a detailed CV with at least two recent contactable referees for the attention of Ms Patricia Mabilane to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please use ‘Physical Sciences Teacher’ as the subject line.
CLOSING DATE: Wednesday 7 June 2023
Only short-listed applicants will be contacted. If you have not heard from the College by Wednesday 21 June 2023, please assume that your application has been unsuccessful
Dainfern College reserves the right to make an appointment prior to the closing date of this vacancy should a suitable candidate be found. Candidates are therefore encouraged to submit applications timeously. Dainfern College also reserves the right not to make an appointment. An application will not in itself entitle the applicant to an interview or appointment, and failure to meet the minimum requirements of the advertised post will result in applicants being automatically disqualified from consideration.
Protection of Personal Information Act (POPIA) Disclaimer: Dainfern College is committed to ensuring the confidentiality of personal information and all reasonable measures will be taken to protect the personal information of applicants. Your information will be used for the sole purpose of recruitment for this listed post only as well as for statutory purposes as applicable. By applying for this position and submitting your personal details and curriculum vitae to Dainfern College, you acknowledge this disclaimer.
Dainfern College is an equal opportunities employer and is committed to employment equity. Appointments are made in line with the College’s Transformation strategies.