MATHS AND SCEINCE TEACHER
To start: January 2024
St Peter’s Boys Prep is an independent, Anglican, Diocesan school.
We are known for our innovative approach to education and the warmth of our community. The school seeks educators who are committed to the profession and best practice, who embrace a culture of continual growth and learning and have a deep empathy for children and a passion for teaching and learning.
An opportunity exists for an exceptional Intermediate/Senior Phase Maths and Science Teacher to join the school from January 2024
Required Qualifications and Experience
- Relevant qualification
- 3 years’ teaching experience
- SACE registration
Candidates should have the following attributes:
- A progressive understanding of current educational trends, especially in the area of personalised teaching of Maths and Science.
- A willingness to work as part of a team and team teach, if required.
- A commitment to ongoing personal development and a future-orientated approach.
- The capacity to develop and sustain new teaching practices.
- Highly effective communication and interpersonal skills
- An energetic and inspirational approach to boys’ learning and motivation.
- A values-based approach to the care and wellbeing of boys.
- The intention to work according to the school’s ethos, specifications and policies.
Duties (not an exhaustive list):
- Teach Maths and Science in grade 6 to 7.
- Ensure that lessons impart a love and competence in Maths and Science.
- Plan and teach interesting and engaging Maths and Science lessons.
- Promotion of the St Peter’s Prep Schools attributes and values.
- Teach according to the St Peter’s Prep Schools Best Practice pedagogy.
Should you be interested in the above vacancy and meet the stipulated requirements, please apply on our website at: https://stpeters.erecruit.co/candidateapp/jobs/categories/ Applications for this position close on 6 June 2023. For any queries regarding the post, please email email@example.com
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expect all staff to share this commitment. All successful applicants will be required to complete a full criminal check which must be maintained throughout the period of employment. The appointment of candidates is at St Peter’s Prep Schools sole discretion, taking into account factors such as St Peter’s Prep Schools
Employment Equity Policy. An application will not in itself entitle the applicant to an interview or appointment.
St Peter’s Prep Schools, in line with POPIA (the Protection of Personal Information Act) will attempt to ensure the confidentiality of all applicants for this role. All reasonable measures will be in place to protect personal information but will be used in the recruitment, selection, and reporting process. By submitting your application for this position, you are recognising and accepting this disclaimer.