Mathematics Teacher (IEB)
Reports to: The Head of School
- Raising the profile of Mathematics
- Ensure efficient use of resources, creativity and innovation in lesson development and implementation
- Ensure quality delivery of lessons and projects
- Contribute to school development as a member of the team
- Undertake duties as directed by the Head of School.
1) Quality of Teaching and Learning
- To provide excellent teaching.
- To support colleagues across the various subjects, and the school, to ensure excellent teaching delivery.
- To support staff in achieving excellence in their work.
- To deliver outstanding student outcomes and to support colleagues in achieving the same.
- To keep up to date with national developments in relevant subject and teaching practice and methodology.
- To advise senior colleagues on teaching and learning and to contribute to policy and practice across the school.
- To raise the quality of learning at the school.
3) Staff Development
- Work with and support and coach to junior colleagues and academic advisors as part of professional development where required
- To develop the capacity of colleagues to produce excellent teaching and learning resources.
- To design professional development activities
- To work with colleagues in other institutions as appropriate
4) General School Leadership Responsibilities
- Update the Head of School, other senior managers and the Governing Body on the effectiveness of the provision in your subject area
- Lead by example as a teacher achieving high standards of student attainment and progress, behavior and motivation through effective teaching
- Challenge any underperformance within the team and ensure corrective action
Qualifications and Experience:
- A minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree in Education or Bachelor’s Degree with a Post Graduate Certificate majoring in Mathematics
- At least 5 years’ experience in teaching Mathematics
- IEB experience is essential
- SACE registered
- Ability to offer learning support in and out of classroom context
- Willing to extend self in professional development
- Clear criminal record
The duties of this post may vary from time to time without changing the general character of the post of level of responsibility entailed.
Kindly send all applications with Motivation letter on why you believe that you are suitable to: firstname.lastname@example.org
NB: Mark clearly the position you are applying for.
Johannesburg, Gauteng, South Africa