“Today’s thinking child is tomorrow’s achiever”
Mathematics Teacher (College)
Uplands is a forward-thinking, innovative co-educational independent school located on a 110- hectare Estate in White River, Mpumalanga, that is committed to providing quality education to day and boarding scholars from Grade 0000 to 12.
Uplands School is a member of the Independent Schools Association of Southern Africa (ISASA) and the Anglican Board of Education (ABE) and offers examinations set by the Independent Examination Board (IEB).
Uplands seeks to appoint a passionate Mathematics Teacher, whose strengths will lie in good
verbal and written communication as well as being energetic, analytical and results driven.
The successful applicant will:
- Possess a suitable professional qualification and be SACE registered.
- Have more than 5 years’ experience in a similar role.
- Ideally have proven IEB experience.
- Have a passion for Mathematics.
- Plan and organise hands-on activities that encourage pupils’ participation, involvement and development to create a positive learning environment.
- Be innovative and have a positive attitude, along with genuine passion to make a difference in pupil’s lives.
- Embrace technology in the classroom and display a creative teaching style.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with colleagues, pupils and parents.
- Willingness to participate in and understand the value of teamwork within the organisation and the extra-curricular program. The ability to contribute to the sports coaching programme would be advantageous.
There is a possibility of housing being available on the Uplands campus to facilitate full involvement in the school programme.
Commencement date: 01 January 2024
Uplands is an equal opportunities employer. Submission of a CV does not automatically entitle the applicant to an interview. Only short-listed applicants will be contacted and Uplands reserves the right not to make an appointment.
All applications will be handled in the strictest confidence. Qualified candidates are requested to apply by submitting a CV not exceeding three pages and the contact details of two referees to
Mathematics Teacher Application Form
Should you not have received a response from Uplands within two weeks following the closing date, please consider your application unsuccessful.
Please use the reference: MAT2024
Closing date: 05 June 2023
Uplands, in line with POPIA (Protection of Personal Information Act), will attempt to ensure the confidentiality of all applicants for this role. All reasonable measures will be in place to protect personal information but will be used in the recruitment, selection, and reporting process. By submitting your application for this position, you are recognising and accepting this disclaimer.