SPARK Schools teachers drive student achievement by maintaining high expectations for classroom culture, behaviour,
and academic growth for all scholars. SPARK Schools Senior Phase English Home Language Educators are content
specialists in English language and literacy. SPARK high school Senior Phase educators equip scholars with the
knowledge and tools required for matriculation and work collaboratively in leading an integrated inquiry-based curriculum.
Senior Phase Educators are integral to the SPARK Schools’ culture and our commitment to rigorous,
engaging learning experiences for our scholars.
Reports To: Assistant Principal or Principal
Plan for, teach and co-teach face to face and distance lessons for and deliver academic and clubs lessons.
Collaborate with grade level and content area partners to develop rigorous, engaging learning experiences
and to create and implement high quality individualised behaviour and learning plans for scholars.
● Participate actively in all scheduled professional development sessions.
● Develop and administer formative and termly assessments to track student progress and analyse the data
for student growth for all scholars to meet the required proficiency ratings.
● Submit and analyse scholar data in order to track progress and intervene when necessary.
● Lead scholar social and emotional development through CQ (Character Quotient) sessions and reflections.
● Plan for, deliver and monitor programmes to support low performing scholars, or extend high performing
● Participate in place-based education where required within mandated national curriculum or as part of
SPARK Schools curriculum enrichment.
● Participate in career and tertiary pathways education where required as part of scholar culture and
● Develop SPARK culture and implement behaviour management strategies.
● Communicate professionally and effectively with colleagues, parents and other stakeholders.
● Conduct self in a professional manner at all SPARK Schools events and to all stakeholders.
● Nurture a high achieving
work environment where all scholars feel genuinely valued and supported.
● Promote the vision and mission of SPARK Schools to staff, scholars, families, and the greater community.
● Implement strategies implemented by the Crisis Management team. Adhere to the child protection,
anti-bullying and health and safety policy.
● Attend Saturday events and parent community meetings.
● Submit student results data when required.
Qualifications and Criteria:
The ideal candidate will possess the following qualifications:
● English language fluency
● Completed B.Ed or PGCE degree inMathematics Senior phase or Mathematics FET
● SACE registration
● Clear criminal record
● Grit: Persistence through challenges.
● Excellence: A track record of high expectations personally and professionally.
● Mission and Vision Alignment : Understanding of and passion for the SPARK Schools mission to provide excellent
education at an affordable cost.
● SelfReflection: Finding the capacity to bring your best self to challenges and opportunities.
Values: Service, Persistence, Achievement, Responsibility, Kindness