An Independent, Christian day school situated in Melrose, Johannesburg, Kingsmead provides an excellent, all rounded education to girls from Grade 000 to Matric.
Kingsmead seeks to employ the an enthusiastic, innovative and highly qualified teacher who is interested in contributing to a dynamic team and sports department.
Kingsmead attracts diverse group of talented students who aim to achieve in various sports and beyond. While this balanced competitive environment allows for participation in many top festivals and leagues, it also welcomes those wishing to learn and enjoy new sports too.
Kingsmead sport strives to fulfil the potential and growth of each athlete. One of our many goals is to instil life skills such as respect (for opposition/team/coach), work ethic, commitment as well as athletic development of the individual and team.
JUNIOR SCHOOL PHYSICAL EDUCATION TEACHER
MULTI-DISCIPLINARY SPORTS COACH
(Gr 0 – 7)
September 2023 or earlier
The successful applicant must meet the following criteria:
- Possess an appropriate Bachelor’s Degree/Diploma or PGCE
- Have a proven track record as an educator with an ability to teach the Physical Education curriculum
- Have knowledge of the physical and emotional development of young children
- By a dynamic team player with excellent people and communication skills
- Teaching expertise in other subjects would be an added advantage
- Experience in working together with all stakeholders, including parents, staff, students, therapists and neighbouring schools.
- A high level of energy – dynamic, vibrant and enthusiatic
- Experience in coaching a number of sporting disciplines will be an advantage
- Excellent intrapersonal, communication and administrative skills.
- Be interested in community building and developing the social and emotional wellbeing of girls in the educational space.
- Have a high level of energy, must be enthusiastic, passionate and a contributor to the team.
- Be open to continuous learning and feedback.
- Be interested in contributing to a happy community of belonging and inclusion.
- Have the ability to engage fully with the ethos and spirit of Kingsmead.
Kingsmead is an equal opportunities employer.
If you meet the above criteria, please email a curriculum vitae with two contactable referees to Mrs Shavaun Hanekom at email@example.com and state on the subject line PE and Sport Coach by no later than 30 May 2023.
Candidates may assume that their application has been unsuccessful if they have not been contacted by Kingsmead College by 20 June 2023.
POPIA Disclaimer: Kingsmead College in line with POPIA (Protection of Personal Information Act) will ensure the confidentiality of all applications. Your CV and personal information will be used solely for the purposes and processes associated with this application and this data could be used for statutory reporting. By submitting your application, you are recognizing and accepting this disclaimer.