An Independent, Christian day school situated in Melrose, Johannesburg, Kingsmead provides an excellent, holistic education to girls from Grade 000 to Matric.
Kingsmead seeks to employ the following enthusiastic, innovative and highly qualified teacher who is interested in contributing to a dynamic team and schooling environment:
JUNIOR SCHOOL INTERMEDIATE PHASE TEACHER
MATHEMATICS (GRADE 4-7)
The successful applicants must meet the following criteria:
- A suitable professional qualification and proven track record as a highly skilled Mathematics educator.
- Teaching qualification and registration with SACE.
- Teaching expertise in other subjects would be an added advantage.
- Competent in integrating technology and make use of digital platforms in teaching.
- Experience in working together with all stakeholders, including parents, staff, students, therapists and neighbouring schools.
- A comprehensive understanding of cognitive education and the thinking skills embedded in the Kingsmead curriculum.
- An innovative and inclusive approach for teaching girls. Expertise in the development and application of differentiated curriculum.
- A willingness to research and apply best practice with regard to differentiation, inclusion and girls’ education.
- Have excellent organizational skills
- Experience in cross-curricular teaching and inquiry-based learning.
- Develop a learning environment encouraging students to be curious, creative, imaginative individuals to develop a love and competency for mathematics.
- Be a committed team player with excellent people and communication skills
- An ability to work as part of multidisciplinary, educational support teams.
- Excellent intrapersonal, communication and administrative skills.
- Be interested in community building and developing the social and emotional wellbeing of girls in the educational space.
- Have a high level of energy, must be enthusiastic, passionate and a contributor to the team.
- Be open to continuous learning and feedback.
- Be interested in contributing to a happy community of belonging and inclusion.
- Have the ability to engage fully with the ethos and spirit of Kingsmead.
Kingsmead is an equal opportunities employer.
If you meet the above criteria, please email a curriculum vitae with two contactable referees to Mrs Tarryn McLaren at email@example.com and state on the subject line MATHEMATICS EDUCATOR by no later than 30 May 2023.
Candidates may assume that their application has been unsuccessful if they have not been contacted by Kingsmead College by 20 June 2023.
POPIA Disclaimer: Kingsmead College in line with POPIA (Protection of Personal Information Act) will ensure the confidentiality of all applications. Your CV and personal information will be used solely for the purposes and processes associated with this application and this data could be used for statutory reporting. By submitting your application, you are recognizing and accepting this disclaimer.