Intern Educational Psychologist
To start January 2024
Japari School, an independent remedial school in Parkview, Johannesburg, is looking for an Intern Educational Psychologist to assist our Educational Psychologist in providing social wellness and psychological support to pupils in our school.
The Intern Educational Psychologist will be required to work in collaboration with the school’s management team, teachers and therapists, in order to address the learning and personal developmental needs of our pupils. The role will include, but is not limited to, individual interventions and assessments, meeting attendance, consultations with teachers and parents, and trauma debriefing.
Candidates should have:
- Qualification from a recognised tertiary institution.
- A B.Ed. (FP or IP) and minimum of two years teaching experience in a primary school will be an advantage.
- A willingness to work as part of a team.
- A commitment to ongoing personal development.
- Highly effective communication and interpersonal skills.
- An energetic and inspirational approach to learning and motivation.
- A values-based approach to the care and well-being of pupils with learning barriers.
- The intention to work according to the school’s ethos, specifications and policies.
- Temporary HPCSA registration
- A Police Clearance Certificate
Japari School is committed to the achievement of diversity and equity employment. The School reserves the right not to proceed with the filling of the post. An application will not in itself entitle the applicant to an interview or appointment, and failure to meet the requirements of the advertised post will result in the applicant automatically disqualifying themselves for consideration. Only short listed candidates will be contacted. If you have not heard from Japari School within two weeks of the closing date, please assume that your application has been unsuccessful.
Please send your C.V. to email@example.com.
Please note that submission of your C.V. and personal information to Japari School will be used solely for the purposes of recruitment of the above mentioned vacancy and all internal processes associated with this application.
Closing date: 19 June 2023