Established in 1879, St Mary’s Diocesan School for Girls is an independent Anglican School situated in Hillcrest, Pretoria. The school prides itself in achieving a balance between the spiritual, moral, academic, cultural and physical development of its learners and enjoys an excellent reputation, nationally and internationally. We provide a caring, unique and dynamic educational environment for day scholars from Grade 0 to Grade 12 and boarders from Grade 5 to Grade 12.
St Mary’s Diocesan School for Girls in Pretoria is inviting applications for the following position available from 1 September 2023:
Intermediate Phase Teacher
St Mary’s DSG strives to create a pathway empowering confident young women of integrity and character to explore their potential and to contribute positively to our nation and the world. St Mary’s DSG invites suitably experienced candidates, who meet the criteria, to apply for the important role of Intermediate Phase Teacher in the Junior School.
The requirements and qualities of a successful candidate include:
- A recognised academic degree, professional teaching qualification and SACE registration.
- A minimum of 3 years teaching experience.
- A willingness to research and apply best practice with regards to differentiation, inclusion and girls’ education.
- Confidence, knowledge, experience and ability in teaching English, Mathematics and Integrated Studies.
- Proficient use of iPads and MSTeams in the teaching and learning process would be beneficial.
- Being innovative in the classroom and displaying a creative teaching style.
- Strong organisational and administrative skills.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- The ability to work independently and a willingness to contribute to a dynamic team.
- A willingness to contribute to the wider life at the School, through involvement in the extracurricular and pastoral care programmes.
- Experience working in a multi-cultural context.
- A willingness to support, promote and work within the Anglican ethos of the school.
St Mary’s Diocesan School for Girls is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to employment equity and diversity. We encourage applicants from the previously disadvantaged groups and people with disabilities, to apply.
Please clearly mark the position you are applying for and forward your CV, copy of qualification and contactable references to email@example.com.
No application will be considered after the closing date. St Mary’s Diocesan School for Girls reserves the right not to fill the advertised positions. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted. If you have not heard from us in 2 weeks, your application will have been unsuccessful. An application in itself does not guarantee an interview.
St Mary’s Diocesan School for Girls, in line with POPIA (Protection of Personal Information Act) will attempt to ensure the confidentiality of all applicants for this role. All reasonable measures will be in place to protect personal information but will be used in the recruitment, selection, and reporting process. By submitting your application for this position, you recognise and accept this disclaimer.
CLOSING DATE: 29 May 2023