Dainfern College requires the following permanent High School teacher. Commencement date to be negotiated.
INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY TEACHER
Dainfern College is an independent English-medium, co-educational school situated on Broadacres Drive, Dainfern, north of Fourways in Johannesburg. The College caters for Grades 0-12 and offers both Cambridge A Levels and IEB Matric as exit exams. Our ethos is Christian and is based on the core concept of respect. We seek to develop skills for life required to unlock unique personal potential and to nurture creative thinkers with the confidence to become leaders through the provision of an innovative, relevant, and quality education. We celebrate diversity and are affiliated with the international network of Round Square schools. School details can be found at http://www.dainferncollege.co.za.
The successful candidate will:
- Be an innovative, creative and professional teacher.
- Have a suitable professional qualification and a degree in the appropriate subject area.
- An ability to teach IT is strictly required – teaching of Matric for approximately five years would be a distinct advantage.
- Knowledge and expertise in Java and SQL are prerequisites.
- Be SACE registered.
- Be able to design original assessments at both FET and GET levels.
- Be familiar with CAPS and the IEB curriculum.
- Have experience at IEB marking.
- Be able to facilitate the ongoing development of the Information Technology department and computer literacy.
- Have a command of the Information Technology curriculum, policies and current educational trends and work with the IT Committee on steering our IT vision for the school.
- Have strong organisational skills and be detail oriented.
- Be responsible for all duties as required of an academic educator.
- Show commitment to subject-related activities.
- Lead a classroom first by example of conduct and then by instructing students through teaching excellence.
- Incorporate the school’s values into daily teaching.
- Demonstrate excellent interpersonal skills with colleagues, students and parents.
- Be energetic, self-motivated and able to use own initiative.
- Have good organisational and administrative skills.
- Have an open and creative outlook on education
- Be a good team player.
- Have Google Education Suite literacy.
- Show willingness to be involved in the extramural programme of the school.
A competitive remuneration package, superior facilities and a wonderful working environment will be enjoyed by the successful candidate.
Interested candidates are invited to submit a detailed CV with at least two recent contactable referees for the attention of Ms Patricia Mabilane to email@example.com. Please use ‘IT Teacher’ as the subject line.
CLOSING DATE: Wednesday 7 June 2023
Only short-listed applicants will be contacted. If you have not heard from the College by Wednesday 21 June 2023, please assume that your application has been unsuccessful.
Dainfern College reserves the right to make an appointment prior to the closing date of this vacancy should a suitable candidate be found. Candidates are therefore encouraged to submit applications timeously. Dainfern College also reserves the right not to make an appointment. An application will not in itself entitle the applicant to an interview or appointment, and failure to meet the minimum requirements of the advertised post will result in applicants being automatically disqualified from consideration.
Protection of Personal Information Act (POPIA) Disclaimer: Dainfern College is committed to ensuring the confidentiality of personal information and all reasonable measures will be taken to protect the personal information of applicants. Your information will be used for the sole purpose of recruitment for this listed post only as well as for statutory purposes as applicable. By applying for this position and submitting your personal details and curriculum vitae to Dainfern College, you acknowledge this disclaimer.
Dainfern College is an equal opportunities employer and is committed to employment equity. Appointments are made in line with the College’s Transformation strategies