International School of Cape Town
The International School of Cape Town (ISCT) is one of the largest Cambridge schools in the country, offering the British curriculum from Nursery to A level, since 1998. The school prides itself on consistently producing excellent academic results in a warm and supportive environment, incorporating the latest in teaching skills and technological innovation. Our student body is 70% South African, we have representatives from over 25 countries, offering a rich diversity of cultures and nationalities and equipping our alumni to be successful and adaptable global citizens.
Reports to: Business Manager
Closing Date for Applications: 31 May 2023
Start date: 1 July 2023
Languages Required: English
ISCT is seeking to appoint an IT Manager to join our team on a Full-Time basis.
- Network Infrastructure Management: Overseeing the school’s computer network infrastructure, including servers, switches, routers, VOIP and other networking equipment. This involves monitoring network performance, troubleshooting issues, and ensuring reliable connectivity.
- System Administration: Managing and maintaining the school’s IT systems, including email servers, student information systems, learning management systems, and other software applications. This includes user account management, software installation and updates, and data backups.
- The core system elements include Microsoft’s Active Directory and Local File Server, Google’s GSuite and JAMF/ Zuludesk MDM, Apple School Manager. Proficiency with Microsoft cloud service integration and Linux administration is also required.
- Technical Support: Managing and providing technical assistance and support to staff, teachers, and students. This involves troubleshooting hardware and software problems, resolving technical issues, and offering guidance on the use of technology resources, as well as tracking trends in issues and their resolution
- Security and Data Protection: Implementing and maintaining security measures to protect the school’s IT infrastructure and data. This includes managing firewalls, antivirus software, and access control, as well as educating users on best practices for data security.
- Budgeting and Procurement: Collaborating with school administrators to develop and manage the IT budget. This may involve researching and recommending technology solutions, negotiating with vendors, and overseeing the procurement and installation of new equipment, as well as IT service contract agreements and project management.
- Management of IT implementation projects for both hardware and software solutions. Such projects may be internally or externally resourced.
- Technology Planning: Developing a strategic technology plan aligned with the school’s goals and objectives. This includes evaluating emerging technologies, assessing their potential impact on teaching and learning, and making recommendations for technology integration.
- Training and Professional Development: Providing training sessions and workshops for staff, teachers, and students to enhance their technology skills and promote effective use of IT resources. Staying updated with the latest trends and advancements in educational technology.
- Policy Development: Assisting in the development and implementation of IT policies, procedures, and guidelines. This includes establishing acceptable use policies, data privacy policies, and disaster recovery plans.
- Collaborative Partnerships: Collaborating with other departments, such as curriculum development, administration, and facilities, to ensure the seamless integration of technology across various aspects of the school’s operations.
- Documentation and Reporting: Maintaining accurate records, documentation, and reports related to IT operations, including inventory of hardware and software assets, system performance reports, and incident logs.
- High level of computer literacy
- High level knowledge of PC’s, printers, associated devices and software
- Knowledge of network infrastructure
- Accreditation or training from Microsoft, Google, Apple and/ or other network suppliers
Qualifications and Accreditations Preferred
- Tertiary qualification in relevant field
- Previous experience in an educational setting
- Excellent communication skills; able to clearly and concisely communicate information to the target audience
- Excellent relationship skills; able to establish, build and maintain effective working relationships at all levels
- Strong problem solving skills
- Takes responsibility and accountability for own actions and day to day decision making
- Excellent writing skills
- Good organisational and administrative skills
- Ability to multi-task with good time management and organisational skills
- Self starter and strong work ethic
- Positive attitude
Whilst every effort has been made to explain the main duties and responsibilities of the post, each individual responsibility undertaken may not be identified. The duties outlined above are not intended as a restrictive list and may be extended or altered to include other tasks that are commensurate with the role as directed by Senior Management.
Inclusion and Diversity – ISCT is an equal opportunities employer. We are committed to promoting an inclusive and diverse workplace where we value and respect every colleague for who they are.
If this position interests you, please fill out this Google form. Closing date: Wednesday, 31 May 2023
Terms and Conditions
The International School of Cape Town is totally committed to safeguarding the welfare of children and young people and expects the same from its employees. All prospective staff will be expected to provide the following prior to confirmation of appointment:
- A police criminal record clearance (no less than 6 months old) from the country of current/most recent employment, a Sexual Offenders Register clearance, and a Child Protection Register clearance
- Proof of identification (i.e. colour ID or passport)
- Proof of current address
- Certified copies of your qualifications
- Employment checks including references from the current or most recent and a previous employer
- Provision of a South African Revenue Services (SARS) personal tax number
- In the case of non-South Africans, provision of a valid work visa enabling the prospective employee to be employed at ISCT
- Full disclosure of any material reason that may impact ISCT’s decision when making an appointment.
No appointment will be considered or finalised until the above have been met by the prospective employee. EE candidates are preferred. ISCT, in line with POPIA (Protection of Personal Information Act) will attempt to ensure the confidentiality of all applicants for this role. All reasonable measures will be in place to protect personal information but will be used in the recruitment, selection, and reporting process. By submitting your application for this position, you are recognising and accepting this disclaimer.