Head of Student Support Services
Location: Redhill School (KG 1 – Grades 12).
Salary: Highly Competitive.
Redhill School is seeking a highly professional psychologist to lead our Student Support Services department. As the Head of Student Support Services, you will be a key figure in helping our students navigate a constantly changing world, in addition to the normal pressures they face. This is an excellent opportunity to grow your career and introduce new policies, structures, and processes to assist our team.
Please note: This is high paying full-time managerial position within the school. As such. the successful candidate cannot be involved in private practice.
- Oversee and manage the Student Support Services department to ensure that the school’s support services are of the highest quality.
- Provide effective leadership to the team of occupational therapists, speech therapists, educational and clinical psychologists.
- Act as a liaison between the school and external support services providers.
- Conduct assessments and develop interventions for students with learning difficulties and other mental health concerns.
- Collaborate with faculty and staff to support student achievement and wellbeing.
- Develop and implement policies and procedures for student support services in line with best practices.
- Facilitate training sessions for teachers and other staff members on student support and mental health-related issues.
- A master’s degree in psychology or related field.
- Registered with the HPCSA/SACE would be an advantage
- At least 10 years of experience in providing student support services in an educational setting.
- A proven track record in managing and leading teams of professionals.
- Experience working with students with a wide range of learning difficulties and mental health concerns.
- A strong understanding of best practices in student support services and mental health in education.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Strong leadership ability and ability to lead and guide a team.
If you are a dedicated and experienced psychologist who is passionate about student support services and mental health in education, we encourage you to apply for this phenomenal opportunity at Redhill School. We offer a highly competitive salary and a supportive working environment that fosters professional growth and development. In a rapidly evolving world, this role is key in helping our students navigate the challenges they face, and we are looking for a leader who can help us make a difference.
Please forward a Letter of Application and a full Curriculum Vitae, and the names and telephone numbers of three referees, to:
Mr. Joseph Gerassi
Applications close at 16h00 on Friday 9 June 2023.
Redhill School reserves the right not to make an appointment. If you have not heard from the School by 30 June 2023, please assume that your application has been unsuccessful. Redhill reserves to right to appoint someone earlier if a suitable candidate presents him/herself. Redhill reserves the right not to make an appointment.
Redhill School, in line with POPIA (Protection of Personal Information Act) will attempt to ensure the confidentiality of all applicants for this role. All reasonable measures will be in place to protect personal information but will be used in the recruitment, selection, and reporting process. By submitting your application for this position, you are recognising and accepting this disclaimer.