The Deutsche Internationale Schule Pretoria has a vacancy for
Head of Natural Sciences / Robotics
as of 1 July 2023
Employment: 20-hour contract/ a conversion of the position into a full-time position is possible.
The following requirements are expected for a successful application:
- Knowledge of and interest in Engineering / Technology.
- Willingness to work pedagogically with children and young people.
- Relevant experience in the scientific / technical field.
- Qualification in Engineering or Natural Sciences or Technology or similar qualifications desired.
- German language skills desired.
- Establishment and supervision of curricula in the areas of: Science Propaedeutics, Science Study Groups, Digitization, Programming (Coding), Robotics, Media, Technology and networking with the Science Departments and LEGO Robotics: Kindergarten, Preschool, Primary, Secondary.
- Development of a Support Concept, support of young talents
- Content-related and technical support and consulting of the robotics working group with organization and successful participation in competitions, acquisition and support of business projects, support in obtaining funding and proper bookkeeping and accounting.
- Identify, plan, supervise and commercialize permanent projects, done in group work, aimed at actively developing learners, enhancing the reputation and prestige of the school, while contributing financially to the sustainability of the Robotics Centre.
- As required, own teaching in the working groups and professional supervision of the working groups.
- Equipment and collection supervision of the Robotics working groups.
- Supervision and proper maintenance of Robotics- work group inventory (workshop, equipment, tools, materials, controls, etc.).
- Organize company visits in the field of Science, Mechatronics and Engineering to promote the sciences as well as career orientation.
- „Outreach “: organizing demonstrations to showcase the Robotics Centre’s performance to neighbouring schools, universities, sponsors, and commercial partners.
- Active participation in Committees, Associations and Bodies in the field of Robotics, national as well as international, updating of technical standards in the field of school Robotics.
Closing date of applications: 15.06.2023
Applications must be sent to:
The Principal, Mr. Hass
Deutsche Internationale Schule Pretoria
P.O. Box 912-727
Tel +27 12 803 4106/7/8
The Deutsche Internationale Schule Pretoria reserves the right not to fill the post, should no suitable applicant be available. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted in writing. If you have not been contacted, please assume that your application was unsuccessful.