An Independent, Christian day school situated in Melrose, Johannesburg, Kingsmead provides an excellent, all rounded education to girls from Grade 000 to Matric.
Head – Junior School
Kingsmead Junior school offers a balanced, innovative and nurturing education for girls from Grade 000-7. Kingsmead seeks to employ a progressive leader; a person who aligns with and actively lives the core ethos and values inherent in this school of belonging; a person who encourages the professional growth of all teachers and who seeks to find and nurture the individual potential of each child. Kingsmead is looking for a Head of School who mobilises the dynamic input of its full community.
The Head of the Junior School, reporting directly to the Executive Head, works within an organizational team of leaders. Someone who has experience in girls’ education, strategic and operational contexts and transformative change management would add value to this role and would be instrumental in taking Kingsmead Junior School forward.
As Head of the Junior School you will be expected to lead and inspire a team of dedicated teachers and staff, working collaboratively to provide the best possible educational experience for our students.
- Lead and manage the academic, pastoral and co-curricular activities of the Junior School
- Develop and implement the wider school’s strategic plan within the Junior School
- Work collaboratively with colleagues across the school to ensure a sustainable educational experience for our students
- Ensure that the Junior School curriculum is aligned with the school’s ethos and values, including differentiation within the curriculum
- Foster a supportive and inclusive environment that celebrates diversity and encourages excellence in teaching and learning
- Manage and mentor the Junior School staff by providing opportunities for professional growth and development
- Lead the performance management of the Junior School staff
- Monitor, manage and implement the Junior School budget
- Work on admissions with the Admissions and Marketing Department
- An appropriate post-graduate qualification in Education or related fields
- A minimum of 5 years of experience in an educational leadership or management postition
- Strong knowledge of current educational practices and trends
- Ability to collaborate and communicate effectively with colleagues, parents and the wider Kingsmead Community, both orally and in writing
- Strong organizational and problem-solving skills
- A real commitment to fostering a supportive and inclusive enviroment that celebrates diversity within the South African context
If you meet the above criteria, please email a curriculum vitae with two contactable references, accompanied by a letter of motivation, to email@example.com and state on the subject line Kingsmead Head – Junior School by no later than 15th of June 2023.
Kingsmead is an Equal Opportunities Employer.
POPIA Disclaimer: Kingsmead College in line with POPIA (Protection of Personal Information Act) will ensure the confidentiality of all applications. Your CV and personal information will be used solely for the purposes and processes associated with this application and this data could be used for statutory reporting. By submitting your application, you are recognizing and accepting this disclaimer.