GRADE FIVE CLASS TEACHER
St John’s College is a world-class Christian, African school situated on a magnificent campus in Houghton, Johannesburg, offering quality education from Pre-Primary to Post-Matric. The school has an outstanding academic record, entering candidates for the examinations of the IEB and the Cambridge A Levels.
St John’s Preparatory forms part of St John’s College and caters to boys from Grades 3 to 7. The school has an outstanding record in preparing young boys for College and offers an excellent academic curriculum which is enriched with music, art, drama and sport and technology
We seek to appoint a dynamic, experienced Grade Five Class Teacher.
The successful candidate should:
- Have a suitable degree and a teaching qualification, and be registered with SACE
- Display excellent interpersonal and leadership skills
- Be passionate about teaching and boys’ education
- Be passionate about the importance of creativity in the curriculum
- Be innovative and comfortable using technology in the classroom
- Be able to interact positively with parents
- Be involved in extramural activities
- Be able to develop and sustain new ideas and work cooperatively in a team
- Experience as a grade leader will be advantageous
- Have an appreciation of the traditions and Anglican ethos of the school
St John’s College offers competitive salary structures and remuneration is calculated on a cost-to-company basis which includes membership of the ISASA Pension Scheme and membership of a medical aid scheme.
To apply for the position, please complete the attached link
https://forms.gle/PR5RVuCCCeWue2iA8 by no later than 12 June 2023.
The school reserves the right not to proceed with the filling of the post. The appointment of candidates is at the sole discretion of St John’s College, taking into account factors such as St John’s College Employment Equity Policy. Applications are welcomed from South African citizens only or persons with a valid work permit. An application will not in itself entitle the applicant to an interview or appointment and failure to meet the minimum requirements of the advertised post will result in applicants automatically disqualifying themselves from consideration. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted. If you have not heard from St John’s College within two weeks of the closing date, please assume that you have been unsuccessful in your application