Dainfern College requires a High School Teacher w.e.f. 5 September 2023 in the following subject:
Dainfern College is an independent English-medium, co-educational school situated on Broadacres Drive, Dainfern, north of Fourways in Johannesburg. The College caters for Grades 0-12 and offers both Cambridge A Levels and IEB Matric as exit exams. Our ethos is Christian and is based on the core concept of respect. We seek to develop skills for life required to unlock unique personal potential and to nurture creative thinkers with the confidence to become leaders through the provision of an innovative, relevant, and quality education. We celebrate diversity and are affiliated with the international network of Round Square schools. School details can be found at http://www.dainferncollege.co.za.
The successful candidate will:
- Be innovative, creative, professional and experienced in teaching Geography.
- Have a suitable degree, professional teaching qualification and SACE registration.
- Be able to teach at the required FET and GET levels.
- Be familiar with CAPS and the IEB curriculum.
- Be responsible for all duties as required of an academic educator.
- Be committed to subject-related activities.
- Lead a classroom first by example of conduct and then by instructing students through teaching excellently.
- Incorporate the school’s values into daily teaching.
- Show commitment to the extramural programme of the school.
Experience in teaching Geography Cambridge A Levels would be advantageous.
Competencies, Skills & Requirements:
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills with parents, staff and students.
- Willingness to engage with students and their families on a personal level to help children in the best way possible.
- An open and creative outlook to education.
- Energetic, self-motivated, and able to use own initiative.
- Enthusiastic, assertive and flexible.
- Good organisational and administrative skills.
- Must be a team player.
- Google Education Suite literacy.
A competitive remuneration package, superior facilities and a wonderful working environment will be enjoyed by the successful candidate.
Interested candidates are invited to email a detailed CV with at least two recent contactable references to Ms Patricia Mabilane: email@example.com. Please use ‘High School Geography Teacher’ as the subject line.
CLOSING DATE: Wednesday 31 May 2023
Only short-listed applicants will be contacted. If you have not heard from the College by Friday 9 June 2023, please assume that your application has been unsuccessful.
Dainfern College reserves the right to make an appointment prior to the closing date of this vacancy should a suitable candidate be found. Candidates are therefore encouraged to submit applications timeously. Dainfern College also reserves the right not to make an appointment. An application will not in itself entitle the applicant to an interview or appointment, and failure to meet the minimum requirements of the advertised post will result in applicants being automatically disqualified from consideration
automatically disqualified from consideration.
Protection of Personal Information Act (POPIA) Disclaimer: Dainfern College is committed to ensuring the confidentiality of personal information and all reasonable measures will be taken to protect the personal information of applicants. Your information will be used for the sole purpose of recruitment for this listed post only as well as for statutory purposes as applicable. By applying for this position and submitting your personal details and curriculum vitae to Dainfern College, you acknowledge this disclaimer
Dainfern College is an equal opportunities employer and is committed to employment equity. Appointments are made in line with the College’s Transformation strategies.