(Estate // Maintenance Assistant (Plumber)
Cornwall Hill College, is a co-educational independent school situated in Irene, Centurion. The school services 1864 school pupils and 280 staff members and is now in need of a Plumber to join our maintenance team. The successful candidate will be responsible for the installation and repair of plumbing systems in all school facilities. This includes installing fixtures and domestic appliances associated with heating, cooling, and sanitation systems. The role will vary from time to time depending on the operational needs of the school. The working hours will be Monday to Friday: 07:00 – 16:00. The successful candidate will report to the Maintenance Manager and we aim to fill the position by 10 July 2023.
THE CORE FUNCTIONS OF THE POSITION INCLUDE:
- Reading and interpreting building plans to assess or plan plumbing installations and layouts.
- Installing, maintaining and repairing plumbing systems and fixtures.
- Fitting and repairing various household appliances.
- Cutting, welding and assembling pipes, tubes, fittings, and fixtures.
- Inspecting and testing plumbing systems for safety, functionality, and code compliance.
- Handling customer queries in accordance with fault reporting systems.
- Troubleshooting and resolving problems.
- Carry out planned and preventative maintenance.
- Preparing cost estimates for jobs.
- Event set up and take down
- Assist with other general maintenance activities such as carpentry, general building and painting
- Perform any other reasonable requests from the Maintenance Manager
THE SUCCESSFUL APPLICANT MUST MEET THE FOLLOWING CRITERIA:
- SA Citizen
- Driver’s license
- No criminal record
- Prior experience in a similar role
- Technical qualification and or vocational training in a related field
- Sound Knowledge of Building and Health and Safety Regulations
- Willingness to work after hours and weekends as required
CLOSING DATE: 9 June 2023
APPLICANTS SHOULD SHARE THE CHRISTIAN ETHOS AND VALUES UPHELD BY THE COLLEGE. Should you wish
to apply, please hand deliver your application to the HR department at Cornwall Hill College Please include certified copies of your qualifications and the names and contact details of three referees. Should you not hear from the College by within two weeks of applying, please accept that your application has not been successful.