(Estate // Maintenance Assistant (Electrician)
Cornwall Hill College, is a co-educational independent school situated in Irene, Centurion. The school services 1864 school pupils and 280 staff members and is now in need of a Groundsman to join our maintenance team. The successful candidate will be required to maintain all landscaping equipment and materials, ensure adequate stock levels of consumables and maintain the appearance of trees, shrubs, flowers and the lawns. He/she will also need to ensure that the grounds is free from harmful insects and plant diseases across the campus. The role will vary from time to time depending on the operational needs of the school. The working hours will be Monday to Friday: 07:00 – 16:00. The successful candidate will report to the Maintenance Manager and we aim to fill the position by 10 July 2023.
THE CORE FUNCTIONS OF THE POSITION INCLUDE:
- Routinely inspecting electrical systems such as wiring, fixtures, and appliances.
- Reading and interpreting building plans to assess or plan plumbing installations and layouts.
- Installing, maintaining and repairing plumbing systems and fixtures.
- Fitting and repairing various household appliances.
- Cutting, welding and assembling pipes, tubes, fittings, and fixtures.
- Inspecting and testing plumbing systems for safety, functionality, and code compliance.
- Handling customer queries in accordance with fault reporting systems.
- Troubleshooting and resolving problems.
- Carry out planned and preventative maintenance.
- Preparing cost estimates for jobs.
- Event set up and take down
- Assistant with other general maintenance activities such as carpentry, general building and painting
- Any other reasonable requests from the Maintenance Manager
THE SUCCESSFUL APPLICANT MUST MEET THE FOLLOWING CRITERIA:
- SA Citizen
- Driver’s license
- Clear criminal record
- Prior experience in a similar role
- Technical qualification and or vocational training in a related field
- Sound Knowledge of Building and Health and Safety Regulations
- Willingness to work after hours and weekends as required
CLOSING DATE: 9 June 2023
APPLICANTS SHOULD SHARE THE CHRISTIAN ETHOS AND VALUES UPHELD BY THE COLLEGE. Should you wish to apply, please hand deliver your application to the HR department at Cornwall Hill College Please include certified copies of your qualifications and the names and contact details of three referees. Should you not hear from the College by within two weeks of applying, please accept that your application has not been successful.