LOCUM TEACHER HIGH SCHOOL
English and Life Orientation Teacher (Grades 8 – 10)
(Current Teacher on maternity leave)
to be taken up from
4 September 2023 – 30 November 2023
The successful candidate, must be qualified to teach ALL the above listed subjects and must have the following as minimum expectations:
- A recognised Professional Qualification as a Senior/FET Phase Teacher.
- S.A.C.E registration
- Be computer literate and be in possession of necessary devices
- Have experience with Google Classroom
- Have at least two years teaching experience within the Senior/FET Phase and in particular, ALL listed subjects, namely, English and Life Orientation
- Have a clear understanding and acceptance of Independent School practice
- Be passionate about teaching.
- Have a sound understanding of various teaching pedagogies.
- Must be prepared to work outside school hours, where necessary.
- An ability to develop good working relationships with colleagues, parents and children is essential
- Applicant must be able to work independently and show initiative around teaching and implementation of innovative ideas within the classroom and phase.
- Must be well organised and able to meet deadlines
Only suitably qualified and experienced applicants will be considered.
Applications for the post should be submitted together with a detailed CV, the names and contact numbers of two referees to the Head of High School via email: firstname.lastname@example.org
An application does not guarantee an interview.
Applications close: 30 May 2023
School of Merit, in line with POPIA (Protection of Personal Information Act) will attempt to ensure the confidentiality of all applicants for this role. All reasonable measures will be in place to protect personal information but it will be used in the recruitment, selection, and reporting process. By submitting your application for this position, you are recognising and accepting this disclaimer.