VACANCY – HIGH SCHOOL JUNIOR ENGLISH AND ARTS AND CULTURE TEACHER
Waterberg Academy is seeking a suitably qualified HIGH SCHOOL Junior
English and Arts and Culture teacher.
Commencement Date: 17 July 2023; start of Term 3
Founded in 2003, Waterberg Academy is an English Medium independent school located only two hours north of Pretoria in Vaalwater in the Limpopo province. Situated on a 10-hectare property the Academy lies in the heart of the picturesque UNESCO Waterberg Biosphere Reserve surrounded by large tracts of relatively undisturbed indigenous Waterberg mountain bushveld, stretching for hundreds of kilometres to the north and north-west, making it the ideal classroom. The school is renowned for
academic excellence and comprises of a Creche, Pre-Preparatory, Primary and High Schools. Boarding facilities are available from Grade 4 through to Grade 12 offering the ultimate alternative to city education and an enviable lifestyle. Our secure and peaceful environment allows us to grow learners in a way that cannot be achieved in the city.
Key requirements for this position
- A recognised degree in English and appropriate professional qualifications including S.A.C.E. Certification
- Have a good command of the English language
- Ideally have the willingness and capacity to be appointed as an active member of the Culture Department
- Be willing to participate fully in the life of the school, specifically in cultural activities
- Be well versed in I.E.B. curriculum and assessments
- Effective communication, organisational and administrative skills
- Current Police Clearance Certificate
- Above average computer literacy and technological skills including Smartboard, Google Drive and Google Classroom
- A passion for children and their education, a vision for the future and the ability to share this within a small community
As a High School Junior English and Arts & Culture Teacher at our school, you will have the opportunity to work with a dedicated team of professionals who are committed to providing an outstanding education for our students. If you are a talented and dedicated English and Arts & Culture who is committed to inspiring and challenging students to achieve their full potential, we would love to hear from you! Apply now to join our team and help shape the future of our students
Interested candidates should submit a detailed CV together with the names and contact details of three
recent references via e-mail only to firstname.lastname@example.org
This should be accompanied by a covering letter, motivating your suitability for the position, and outlining your vision for the school.
Closing date: 31 May 2023
Waterberg Academy reserves the right not to proceed with filling the post. An application will not necessarily entitle the applicant to an interview or appointment. Failure to meet the minimum requirements of the advertised post will result in applicants automatically disqualifying themselves from consideration.
Protection of Personal Information Act (POPIA) Disclaimer: Waterberg Academy is committed to the confidentiality of personal information and all reasonable measures will be taken to protect personal information of applicants. Information will be used for the sole purpose of recruitment for this listed post only as well as statutory purposes as applicable. By applying for this position and submitting your curriculum vitae to Waterberg Academy, you acknowledge this disclaimer.