Situated in Sandton, St David’s is a Marist, Catholic, Independent School for boys of all faiths.
We cater for boys from Grade 00 to Grade 12 and offer weekly boarding in the College.
Established in 1941, St David’s Marist Inanda forms part of the Marist educational community which has at its core a strong value base, primarily focused on “Humility, Simplicity and Modesty” as espoused by our founder St Marcellin Champagnat in 1816. These values guide St David’s as we strive to achieve excellence in our core areas of Academics, Culturals, Leadership, Service and Sport.
To cater for ongoing growth, St David’s Marist Inanda seeks to appoint a dynamic experienced
Educator in the following position:
COLLEGE – MUSIC SPECIALIST TEACHER
The ideal candidate will:
- display high levels of professionalism and commitment.
- be able to work in a team of well-qualified, motivated, professional staff.
- have a passion for the subject, and for teaching.
- be well versed in curriculum and assessment techniques, and teach Music in both Senior and FET phases, with sound technology skills.
- be able to prepare and enter students for external examinations in Music Theory and Performance.
- coach a variety of musical styles and genres. Expertise in contemporary music advantageous.
- advance performance excellence by hosting regular workshops and arranging concerts and showcase opportunities.
- direct contemporary instrumental bands/ensembles.
- assist with the musical component of multiple interdisciplinary projects that include the school’s liturgical programme, musical productions and arts festivals.
- have effective communication, organisational and administrative skills.
- have a desire to be a lifelong learner.
- be able to integrate 21st-century skills of collaboration and critical thinking into the curriculum.
- have a SACE registration and appropriate teaching qualifications.
- display an understanding of the Catholic and Marist values of the school.
- adhere to our School ethos and value system.
Only suitably qualified candidates should apply for this position. The ability to contribute meaningfully to the school’s co-curricular programme is important.
To apply for the position, please complete the application form using the following link:
Date of commencement: January 2024
Closing date for applications: 2 June 2023
The school reserves the right not to proceed with the filling of this post. An application will not in itself entitle the applicant to an interview or appointment, and failure to meet the minimum equirements of the advertised post will result in applicants automatically disqualifying themselves from consideration. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted. Candidates not contacted shall consider their application unsuccessful.
St David’s Marist Inanda in line with POPIA (Protection of Personal Information Act) will attempt to ensure the confidentiality of all applicants for this role. All reasonable measures will be in place to protect personal information but will be used in the recruitment, selection, and reporting process. By submitting your application for this position, you are recognising and accepting this disclaimer.