“Today’s thinking child is tomorrow’s achiever”
College Afrikaans Teacher (Head of Subject)
Uplands is a forward-thinking, innovative co-educational independent school located on a 110- hectare Estate in White River, Mpumalanga, that is committed to providing quality education to day and boarding scholars from Grade 0000 to 12.
Uplands College wishes to appoint a passionate and dynamic Head of Afrikaans (FAL). They must embrace technology in the classroom, have a positive attitude, and be an enthusiastic team player with strong interpersonal skills.
The successful applicant will:
- Have a suitable professional qualification and be SACE registered.
- Have a minimum of 5 years of IEB teaching experience.
- Be innovative, embrace technology in the classroom, and display a creative teaching style.
- Be genuinely passionate to make a difference in pupil’s lives.
- Be willing to work as part of a team and assist with general duties as and when required.
- Should be able to work collaboratively with others to achieve various goals and objectives.
- Have a proven record of commitment and professionalism towards education.
- Be willing to participate fully in the extra-curricular programme and all school activities. The ability to contribute to the sports coaching programme would be advantageous.
There is a possibility of housing being available on the Uplands campus to facilitate full involvement in the school programme.
Commencement date: 01 January 2024
Uplands is an equal opportunities employer. Submission of a CV does not automatically entitle the applicant to an interview. Only short-listed applicants will be contacted and Uplands reserves the right not to make an appointment.
All applications will be handled in the strictest confidence. Qualified candidates are requested to apply by submitting a CV not exceeding three pages and the contact details of two referees to
Afrikaans Teacher Application Form
Should you not have received a response from Uplands within two weeks following the closing date, please consider your application unsuccessful
Please use the reference: AFR2024
Closing date: 08 June 2023
Uplands, in line with POPIA (Protection of Personal Information Act), will attempt to ensure the confidentiality of all applicants for this role. All reasonable measures will be in place to protect personal information but will be used in the recruitment, selection, and reporting process. By submitting your application for this position, you are recognising and accepting this disclaimer.