St Dunstan’s College
The calling of our current Chaplain to a parish ministry has necessitated an active search for a successor who will continue to nurture the Christian and spiritual life of the St Dunstan’s College community within the Anglican Schools’ family. The Chaplain is called to provide spiritual care to the school of 1200 students and to the 150 staff members, while fostering supportive relationships with parents, Alumni and the local church community.
The successful candidate will therefore:
- offer spiritual guidance and pastoral care to students, staff and to the wider St Dunstan’s community.
- serve on the school senior management team, ensuring that operational decisions that are made align with the school’s Christian ethos and calling.
- take regular services in the College and Preparatory School.
- be able to teach Divinity to classes in the College and Preparatory School.
- participate and take an interest in student activities and in school life.
- be ordained in the Anglican Church of Southern Africa and should provide a letter from his/her present bishop in support of the application.
- need to be licensed by the Bishop of the Highveld and accountable to him for guidance and leadership on Anglican Church liturgy and for spiritual input.
- have experience of working with young people and leading them to Christ.
- have a vision to enhance the faith and worship life of the school community.
A remuneration package, commensurate with experience and responsibilities, is offered by the School. Please note that housing suitable for a family is provided.
To apply, please complete the online application on https://forms.office.com/r/hakghyFSmS and email a complete CV and letter in support for the application from the Bishop to firstname.lastname@example.org . This appointment is made by St Dunstan’s College in consultation with the Bishop of the Highveld, and is subject to the successful candidate being licensed by the Bishop.
12 June 2023
January 2024 or earlier as by mutual agreement
Please note that correspondence will be limited to short-listed candidates only.
If you have not heard from the College within three weeks of the closing date, please accept that your application was unsuccessful. St Dunstan’s College reserves the right to not fill this position.