St John’s College is a world-class Christian, African school situated on a magnificent campus in Houghton, Johannesburg, offering quality education from Nursery School to Post-Matric. The school has an outstanding academic record, entering candidates for IEB and the Cambridge A Level examinations.
St John’s Preparatory forms part of St John’s College and offers an excellent academic, social and emotional curriculum which is enriched with music, art, drama and sport. The Prep caters to boys from Grade 3 to 7 and has an excellent record in preparing them for their College careers.
We seek to appoint a dynamic and proactive Art Teacher in our Preparatory School.
The successful candidate should:
• Have a suitable degree and a teaching qualification and be registered with SACE
• 5+ years relevant experience
• Be a creative individual, adept at cross-curricular planning and execution Be enthusiastic and show a passion for problembased learning
• Be an enthusiastic teacher with a love of Art
• Be passionate about teaching and about boys’ education especially in visual arts
• Be a lifelong learner, constantly open to learning about new trends in education
• Connect with staff members at planning meetings to identify and support the needs of learners
• Be able to interact positively with parents
• Be able to develop and sustain new ideas and work cooperatively in a team
• Have an appreciation of the traditions and Anglican ethos of the school
St John’s College, in line with POPIA (Protection of Personal Information Act) will attempt to ensure the confidentiality of all applicants for this role. All reasonable measures will be in place to protect personal information but will be used in the recruitment, selection, and reporting process. By submitting your application for this position, you are recognising and accepting this disclaimer.
The school reserves the right not to proceed with the filling of the post. The appointment of candidates is at the sole discretion of St John’s College, taking into account factors such as St John’s College Employment Equity Policy. Applications are welcomed from South African citizens only or persons with a valid work permit. An application will not in itself entitle the applicant to an interview or appointment and failure to meet the minimum requirements of the advertised post will result in applicants automatically disqualifying themselves from consideration. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted. If you have not heard from St John’s College within two weeks of the closing date, please assume that you have been unsuccessful in your application