Some highlights of the Winter 2018 Edition include:
- How training can prepare teachers for diversity in their classrooms, by Maureen Robinson;
- Thinking about our thinking at St George’s Preparatory School, Port Elizabeth, by Alex Hall;
- Transforming the lives of former child soldiers: the screen and the soccer ball in Tanzania and Uganda, by Corrin Varady;
- Liberation without transformation? What I thought I knew and what I didn’t know, by Barbara Houghton, with the pupils and staff of Springfield Convent School; and
- The libraries of the future will be made of DNA, by Jerome de Groot.
The Winter 2018 edition also profiles:
- Mokopane Destiny Academy (Mokopane, Limpopo);
- Royal Drakensberg Primary School (Bergville, KwaZulu-Natal);
- African Angels Independent School (Chintsa, Eastern Cape); and
- The Vine School (Lansdowne, Cape Town, Western Cape).
Independent Education is edited by Fiona de Villiers and the ISASA Publishing division is managed by David Lea.
Independent Education Winter 2018 is available to view online. Each ISASA member school also receives several copies of the printed magazine.