1-day practical workshop, run by Jane McIntyre (CEO of Thinking Schools South Africa) and Dr Craig Blewett (Lecturer, Author & Developer of the Activated Classroom Teaching model).
This course breaks new ground to transform teaching and learning by combining the Thinking School’s approach with a taxonomy of digital-age pedagogies. Instead of ticking separate ‘technology’ and ‘thinking skills’ boxes, we present a total framework that activates a more dynamic space for learners to engage deeply and take ownership of their learning. Teachers and school leaders learn how to grow their learning conversations into more meaningful realms, coaching learners to create new solutions and make sense of situations which are out of their control.
For the first time, you will be given a teaching framework that integrates IT meaningfully as a means to activate independent and collaborative thinking skills. You will be able to use these pedagogies to seamlessly integrate what you are already implementing in terms of developing Thinking Skills and IT Skills.
- Understand a taxonomy of incremental pedagogies that unlock how digital-age students learn
- Try out Thinking Strategies like Thinking Maps and de Bono’s Thinking Hats in a digital context
- Apply technology to the goal of deepening specific Habits of Mind
- Date: Tuesday, 12th September 2017
- Venue: Crawford La Lucia Preparatory
- Date: Wednesday, 13th September 2017
- Venue: The Ridge School
- Date: Thursday, 14th September 2017
- Venue: Sweet Valley Primary School
Cost: R1050 per delegate. SACE Registered. Please bring your own laptops.
For more information on this workshop please email Thinking Schools or phone 0810754254.
Download the registration form: