This is a practical workshop on Thinking Maps as a language of learning in all phases and subjects, from pre-primary to matric. It gives teachers of all subjects a methodology that empowers more effective critical thinking in their teaching of the curriculum. This visible thinking language has been proven to develop greater student engagement and performance.
Our facilitator, Katy Mthethwa was trained by Thinking Maps founder David Hyerle and has extensive experience in their implementation in the South African context in her own school – St Peters Boys – and in training many schools across South Africa. She led a team of trainers that trained WCED Curriculum Advisors in 2017, as part of a project being researched by Stellenbosch University, with very encouraging results.
Dates and venues:
- Durban : 09 March 2018: Northdene Prep
- Cape Town : 15 March 2018: Bergvliet Primary
- Johannesburg : 27 July 2018 : Redhill School
- Time: 7.30 Registration – 3.00.pm Close
- SACE Registered: 10 CPD points
- Cost: R1100 per delegate (including the Thinking Maps booklet)
For any registration queries please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 081 075 4254/0312626030
Register now by submitting the attached registration form, with proof of payment.