How to support learning by being more playful
Play is a core way that children learn. In play children create, learn from mistakes, and imagine new possibilities. Yet, because of the nature of play and the nature of school, bringing playful learning into schools is not simple or straightforward.
A team from Project Zero at Harvard’s Graduate School of Education have been researching the power of playful learning in four Johannesburg area schools. Find out more about their research and findings, and consider how you can bring more play and playfulness into your classroom in order to support your students’ learning.
- When: Friday 31 August 2018
- Where: Nova Pioneer Ormonde, 49 Dorado Avenue, Ormonde
- Time: 14:00-16:00 (refreshments prior to workshop, from 13:30)
- Cost: R440 per person (non-AREA members), R400 (current AREA members)
- Discounted rate of of R50 for teachers from schools charging less than R800 per month per child
Places are limited. To register, contact Tessa Browne on email@example.com or 082 852 6424.