The ISASA Policy Bulletin provides members with an overview of recent policy developments that affect key aspects of independent schooling life.
The Policy Bulletin for September 2015 covers, amongst others, legislation on the following:
- HIV, STIs and Tuberculosis
- Annual National Assessments
- Incremental Introduction of African Languages
- Umalusi Policy for Accumulation, Exemption, Recognition and Transfer
- Minimum Requirements for Teacher Qualifications
- Registration of Occupational Qualifications
- Regulation of Interest Rates
- Draft National Liquor Policy
- Equal Pay/Remuneration for Work of Equal Value
- Requirements for Food Premises and Transportation
- SACE Continuing Professional Teacher Development
- Child Travel Requirements and Study Visa Notifications
For each piece of legislation, our policy team explains what is new and what the implications are for independent schools.