Some highlights of the Winter 2017 Edition include:
- The power of purpose, by Terry Currin;
- Building leaders from the ground up at Bradford Pre-Primary School, by Ngoni Sagiya;
- Well prepared for the world beyond our walls, by Bronwen Marcon;
- Time to start teaching climate change, by Kottie Christie-Blick;
- Working together: Uplands Outreach and the Mpumalanga Department of Education, by Nicky de Bruyn; and
- Do not wait to see what others do: what needs to change in our schools right now, by Lebogang Montjane.
The Winter 2017 edition also profiles:
- Victory Christian School (Jeffreys Bay);
- Knights Preparatory School (Randburg);
- CityKidz Pre and Primary School (Johannesburg);
- Streetlight Schools (Johannesburg); and
- The Vine School (Cape Town).
Independent Education is edited by Fiona de Villiers and the ISASA Publishing division is managed by David Lea.
Independent Education Winter 2017 is available to view online. Each ISASA member school also receives several copies of the printed magazine.