Some highlights of the Summer 2017 Edition include:
- The opportunities and challenges facing independent schools – South Africa 2017, by Tim Nuttall;
- The essential role of metacognitive development in education, by Lebogang Montjane;
- It takes a village …, by Jannie de Villiers;
- The perfect place to pursue dreams, by Jodene Haack and Nicholas Wilcox;
- Rustenburg Early Learning Centre’s vertical garden, by Cathy Dzerefos; and
- Q&A with Newberry House Montessori School’s new principal, Alistair Green.
The Summer 2017 edition also profiles:
- Archers College (Horizon, Roodepoort);
- King David Ariel (Victory Park, Johannesburg);
- Grace Primary School (Pinelands, Cape Town);
- ClevaMe Academy (Blackheath, Johannesburg); and
- Seedlings Preschool (Somerset Park, Umhlanga).
Independent Education is edited by Fiona de Villiers and the ISASA Publishing division is managed by David Lea.
Independent Education Summer 2017 is available to view online. Each ISASA member school also receives several copies of the printed magazine.