Some highlights of the Autumn 2018 Edition include:
- What Quaker schools can teach the rest of the world about equality, mutual respect and learning, by Nigel Newton;
- “Don’t bother with me, I’m white trash”, by Simon Taylor;
- Seen but not heard: Teaching the introverted child, by Philippa Fabbri;
- An everlasting memory: South African teachers visit the Yad Vashem World Holocaust Remembrance Centre, by Alison Andrew and Tinhiko Nkuna; and
- Share this news with a school near you: 11 good things about Cape Town’s drought, by Patrick Dowling;
The Autumn 2018 edition also profiles:
- Calvary Christian College (Mondeor, Johannesburg);
- Future Nation Schools (Fleurhof and Lyndhurst, Johannesburg);
- St Declan’s School for Boys (Alberton, Gauteng);
- Christian Brothers College Mount Edmund (Silverton, Pretoria); and
- Living Montessori School (North Riding, Johannesburg).
Independent Education is edited by Fiona de Villiers and the ISASA Publishing division is managed by David Lea.
Independent Education Autumn 2018 is available to view online. Each ISASA member school also receives several copies of the printed magazine.