The South African Council for English Education (SACEE) is extremely pleased to announce the completely re-branded, all new SACEE Creative Writing Competition 2018.
We encourage all schools in South Africa and adjacent countries to support the competition. One of SACEE’s main aims is to develop the good use of English in both spoken and written forms. The introduction of new genres also engages with the contemporary platforms associated with the Millennial voice.
We encourage teachers to motivate as many learners as possible, from Grades 7 – 9 (Junior) and Grades 10 – 12 (Senior), to enter the competition.
- Category One: Junior Poem
- Category Two: Junior Short Story
- Category Three: Junior Flash Fiction
- Category Four: Junior Monologue
- Category Five: Senior Poem
- Category Six: Senior Short Story
- Category Seven: Senior Flash Fiction
- Category Eight: Senior Monologue
The competition is officially open and the closing date for submissions is Monday, 21 June 2018.
Download the Information Brochure for additional details: