We know that we want our students to extend their thinking and application, and whilst our exams are designed to elicit this, we haven’t always taught them how to do it.
This is a practical workshop on how to use Blooms / Anderson’s Taxonomy to explicitly develop higher order thinking in the classroom. It is suitable for teachers of all subjects and phases, from pre-primary to matric. Schools exploring ways to further develop practical thinking skills will find this a useful touchpoint.
Key topics to be covered include:
- How to make the kinds of thinking in Blooms/Anderson’s Taxonomy explicit in the classroom
- Developing thinking verbs and vocabulary as part of our teaching and learning
- How to integrate this into other thinking strategies and tools you may be using
- WHEN: 2pm – 5 pm on Monday 30th of October 2017
- WHERE: Carlswald House Preparatory School, 82 Lyncon Road, Carlswald, Midrand
- COST: R450
This training can also be tailor-made for whole staff training at your school.
Please email Thinking Schools South Africa for more information.