Bellavista S.H.A.R.E invites enrolments to a weekly attendance course:
AWARD IN LITERACY AND DYSLEXIA
60 CEU (LEVEL 3) AWARDED BY HPCSA • 40 CPTD AWARDED BY SACE
- Day: Tuesdays, Commencing 13 September 2016
- Time: 15h00 – 18h00
- Venue: Bellavista School, 35 Wingfield Avenue, Birdhaven
This part-time course, offered over 18 months, affords educators and health professionals training in the screening and remediation of literacy difficulties in school age children, including Dyslexia. The course will provide training to teachers and therapists to enable them to:
- Understand Dyslexia and the theories of causality;
- Understand “normal” literacy development and how learners with Dyslexia differ;
- Identify reading difficulties and screen for Dyslexia;
- With mentoring develop and facilitate an individual, structured, multisensory programme with one learner over twenty hours;
- Advocate for the support and inclusion of learners with Dyslexia.
Entry requirement is an appropriate professional qualification and a minimum of three years educational or therapeutic experience. Two assignments, the identification process and the supervised specialist teaching will form part of the assessment portfolio.
The course fee is R31 000 per person, inclusive of lectures, textbooks, a Dyslexia teaching kit, screening tests, mentoring and participation in the RAVE-O literacy training.
Download the Course Flyer for additional information: