Please click here to apply for the SAMSTIP Teacher Intern Bursary.
SAMSTIP, the South African Mathematics and Science Teacher Intern Programme, is one of ISASA’s key initiatives.
SAMSTIP, Investec and the Department of Basic Education are offering prospective Senior and Further Education and Training (FET) teachers, specialising in the fields of Mathematics and the Sciences, an opportunity to win bursaries to study for a four year Bachelor of Education (B.Ed.) degree or a one year postgraduate (PGCE) certificate at UNISA.
Benefits of the programme:
- Learn from and be mentored by experienced school teachers
- Access to excellent teaching, learning resources and technology
- Training in ISASA member schools
- Targeted academic enrichment programme
The bursary will fully cover, amongst others, UNISA fees and textbooks.
Who can apply?
- School leavers with matric exemption (Bachelor pass) and 60% or more in Mathematics and 60% or more in either Physical or Life Sciences;
- Tertiary students with Mathematics and Sciences (Life Science or Physical Sciences) credits;
- Graduates with Mathematics and/or Science majors.
Applications for 2019 bursaries are now open and will close on 15 May 2018.
Download the FAQ document for additional information: