The ISASA Mathematics and English (M&E) Programme has been recently rebranded as the South African Maths and Science Teacher Intern Programme (SAMSTIP).
SAMSTIP, Investec and the Department of Basic Education are offering prospective Senior and Further Education and Training (FET) teachers specialising in the fields of Mathematics and the Sciences the opportunity to win bursaries to study for a four year Bachelor of Education (B.Ed) or a one year postgraduate (PGCE) degree at UNISA.
- Learn from and be mentored by experienced school teachers
- Access to excellent teaching, learning resources and technology
- Training in ISASA and public schools
- Targeted academic enrichment programme
The cost of the bursary will fully cover UNISA fees and textbooks.
Who can apply?
- School leavers with matric exemption (B pass) and 60% or more in Maths, Sciences (Life Sciences or Physical Sciences) and English;
- Tertiary students with Maths and Science (Life Sciences or Physical Sciences) credits;
- Graduates with Maths or Science majors.
Applications for 2017 are now closed. Thank you for your interest in the SAMSTIP bursary programme.